[OpenAFS] MIT sort'a supporting aklog???

Rodney Dyer rmdyer@uncc.edu
Mon, 11 Aug 2003 20:48:12 -0400

At 07:52 PM 8/11/03 -0400, Jeffrey Altman wrote:
>MIT KfW only supports the V4 aklog.

How quaint, a binary that has one name, yet does two different
things.  Hmm...this could be some cause for confusion.  I always thought
"aklog" was made to convert an afs K5 service ticket to K4 and create a
token.  From your response I gather that some sites, who haven't converted
to K5 for whatever reason can still use this with a K4 kdc instead of using
kas?   ...ok.  :)

So Jeffrey, just wondering, why do the KfW betas look nothing like the gold
version 5?  I never beta tested KfW with AFS and all the fancy 32bit icon
support.  Why such a large change in the final release?

Jeffrey, regarding your response to my earlier inquiry about delay loading
of the Kerberos and AFS dlls, I understand that krb524.dll imports kerberos
dll functions.  The problem is that if I can't delayload krb524, which is
compiled per-krb-version, what is the point in delay loading the rest of
the dlls...it still isn't going to work.  Am I not seeing the forest for
the trees?

Thanks,

Rodney