[OpenAFS] MIT sort'a supporting aklog???

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Mon, 11 Aug 2003 21:15:00 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 11 Aug 2003, Rodney Dyer wrote:

> At 07:52 PM 8/11/03 -0400, Jeffrey Altman wrote:
> >MIT KfW only supports the V4 aklog.
>
> How quaint, a binary that has one name, yet does two different
> things.

It does the same thing, it just makes different underlying assumptions.

See also kinit, klist, kdestroy.

> Hmm...this could be some cause for confusion.  I always thought
> "aklog" was made to convert an afs K5 service ticket to K4 and create a
> token.  From your response I gather that some sites, who haven't converted
> to K5 for whatever reason can still use this with a K4 kdc instead of using
> kas?   ...ok.  :)

aklog existed for krb4 before most of the world knew what krb5 was, and
possibly before there was a krb5. in fact, that's what it was for, and i
have no idea how many sites still have v4 (only) kdcs, but note that v4
aklog could be used with the kaserver.