[OpenAFS] MIT sort'a supporting aklog???

Rodney Dyer rmdyer@uncc.edu
Mon, 11 Aug 2003 21:37:24 -0400

At 09:15 PM 8/11/03 -0400, Derrick J Brashear wrote:

>It does the same thing, it just makes different underlying assumptions.
>
>See also kinit, klist, kdestroy.

Yes, but at least kinit uses command line args which put it into different
"modes" of operation.  In this instance we have "aklog", which using the
same command line arguments, results in two different outcomes...just as I
had produced.  I expected the former, had to run it to find out the result
was the latter.  So which "aklog" do I need?  Oh, you need the other
"aklog".   You mean this one?  Oh I don't know, just run it to find
out...sheesh.  =]:P)

>aklog existed for krb4 before most of the world knew what krb5 was, and
>possibly before there was a krb5. in fact, that's what it was for, and i
>have no idea how many sites still have v4 (only) kdcs, but note that v4
>aklog could be used with the kaserver.

Ok, so I'll bite, why would anyone use "aklog" when using kas instead of
"klog"?

Rodney