[OpenAFS] 1.2.9a -- fix for mounting of global drives at windows login -- missing registry keys

Joe Buehler jhpb@hekimian.com
Tue, 12 Aug 2003 17:01:55 -0400

The IBM Windows client automatically mounts my global drives when I log
in to Windows (I believe it does it when the machine boots,
but I would have to check that).

The 1.2.9a OpenAFS client does not.

I checked registry keys, and there appear to be a couple things
missing for OpenAFS.  Installing them by hand fixes the problem.

KEY   /HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SYSTEM/CurrentControlSet/Control/NetworkProvider/Order/ProviderOrder
VALUE LanmanWorkstation,TransarcAFSDaemon

KEY   /HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SYSTEM/CurrentControlSet/Services/TransarcAFSDaemon/NetworkProvider/LogonScript
VALUE C:\PROGRA~1\IBM\AFS\Client\Program\afscreds.exe -:%s -x

Adding the first key did not fix the problem, but once I added the second one also,
everything works properly.  Note that the LogonScript value will depend on where you
installed AFS.

Joe Buehler