[OpenAFS] SuSE-8.1 oops

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Wed, 13 Aug 2003 19:28:50 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 13 Aug 2003, Benjamin P Myers wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I'm having a bit of trouble getting a disk cache to work on SuSE 8.1.  Memory
> caches seem to work ok, but disk caches cause Oops.  After this i have to
> reboot to try again.  I'm having a little trouble making sense of this:

lack of symbols makes it a pain to even make a good guess, but

> Aug 13 17:35:50 padmanabha kernel: Starting AFS cache scan...osi_AllocSmallS:
> size=264

if (size > AFS_SMALLOCSIZ) osi_Panic("osi_AllocSmall, size=%d", size);

and AFS_SMALLOCSIZ is 256, I think. So basically you're trying to allocate
from the "small space" pool a larger than "small space".

Get us a real backtrace, probably using ksymoops, and maybe the problem
will become evident.