[OpenAFS] Re: [OpenAFS-announce] OpenAFS 1.2.10 for WinNT/2000/XP available (fwd)

Stephen Joyce stephen@physics.unc.edu
Thu, 14 Aug 2003 14:03:44 -0400 (EDT)

Rob,

I'm more of a unix admin (who occasionally must delve into the dark
side)... so I don't know if NSIS is appropriate to use or not, but I have
to admit that it looks promising.... and any product that claims to have
"SuperPiMP (tm)" technology has a certain humorous appeal. :-)

Coming from the unix world, I have a strong desire to script anything that
I must do more than ~3 times.  I don't like manually installing software on
multiple windoze machines.  The 1.2.9a installer, when called with /r would
create a setup.iss file which when later used with the /s option would
automatically answer all but 2 of the install questions.  The 1.2.10
installer seems to blissfully ignore any flags I send to it...

Cheers,
Stephen
--
Stephen Joyce
Systems Administrator                                            P A N I C

You don't need to be faster than the bear which is chasing
you. You merely need to be faster -- or less tasty -- than
the others running with you.
               --- From "Maintaining system security"