[OpenAFS] backup software (TSM/Veritas/TiBS, what else?)

M. Jamal Green mgreen@odu.edu
Fri, 15 Aug 2003 12:14:30 -0400

Tracy,

We use Tivoli Storage Manager here at Old Dominion University to backup
up our existing DCE/DFS Cell, and are currently in the process of
migrating to Open AFS.  There is an AFS backup client, but its only for
IBM AIX platform for versions of AIX up to 4.3.3.  IBM has informed us
that there will be no AIX 5 TSM AFS client and AIX 4.3.3 is being End of
Life'd this year.

However, we are willing to accept this because the AFS client allows us
to back up indiviual files as opposed to fileset/volume dumps.

Have a great day!

--
M. Jamal Green
Old Dominion University