[OpenAFS] Re: read-only to read-write fast?

Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH allbery@ece.cmu.edu
Mon, 18 Aug 2003 05:36:08 -0400

On Monday 18 August 2003 05:27, Hein Roehrig wrote:
> Will the standard kernel-space NFS server do, too? I am asking because
> ideally the translator box would be (for the time being) a regular NFS
> server, too.

Kernel NFS is designed to export filesystems that reside on local disk; I
think there's an option to make it re-export network filesystems, but no
guarantees that it will behave correctly or have reasonable performance.
User-space NFS doesn't know or care where the filesystem it's exporting
lives.

--
brandon s. allbery   [linux,solaris,freebsd,perl]      allbery@kf8nh.com
system administrator      [WAY too many hats]        allbery@ece.cmu.edu