[OpenAFS] Performance questions(Newbie!)

Kristof Van Dyck stoffel95@hotmail.com
Fri, 22 Aug 2003 08:22:03 +0000

<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I just started to study a project. Our cluster runs on Red Hat Linux (8). I was asked to do a bit of research on monitoring performance. I can work with afsmonitor now, but since it consists of so many fields, does anyone have any tips on how to work best with afsmonitor, which fields are important,... ?</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I thought it would be good to first move around/write/read&nbsp;some small files, then some bigger files and finally some huge files and so I could compare the statistics to see what's going on. Is this a good idea or should I try something else?</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>If you have some other hints, everything is welcome. If I'm to vague or if you don't understand what I mean, let me know! (Then&nbsp;I can give you some more information)</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Thanks</DIV>