[OpenAFS] tokens via aklog on XP don't work. klog tokens do.

Dan Pritts danno@internet2.edu
Tue, 26 Aug 2003 12:11:40 -0400

hi all,

I'm having trouble with afs on windows XP on IBM thinkpads.  I'm using
an XP image put together by my windows guy here.  My red hat, debian,
and solaris boxes all work fine, as does a win2k install on the laptop,
and a dell desktop XP instance.

I have tried openafs releases 1.2.9a and 1.2.10, with WAKE 2.5, and a
kerberos binary distribution from the wake site, dated 9/02.

I can "klog" to the umich.edu cell (which is using the old kaserver)
and write to my afs space there using those tokens.

I can kinit to my local K5 realm, and i get tickets.  aklog claims to
give me a token and "tokens" agrees.

However, when i attempt to write to afs space in my local cell, i am told
"Access is denied." from the windows command line or similar errors with
other methods.

I tried Rodney Dyer's afsk5log program but i haven't gotten the
right combination of afs client, kerberos, and afsk5log working
together so that it works for me.

The XP system has the following hotfixes/SPs/options installed:

various IBM thinkpad stuff
advanced networking pack for windows XP
.NET framkework 1.0.3705
.NET framkework 1.1
tweakUI powertoy
Many hotfixes (all via windows update)
XP Service Pack 1

There is plenty of other stuff installed too of course, but my
best guess is that the rest is all user-level only.

I uninstalled the "advanced networking pack" with no effect.

Any thoughts on what to try to track this down appreciated.

----- Forwarded message from Dan Pritts <danno@internet2.edu> -----