[OpenAFS] tokens via aklog on XP don't work. klog tokens do.

Kevin Coffman kwc@citi.umich.edu
Tue, 26 Aug 2003 12:39:30 -0400

> hi all,
>
> I'm having trouble with afs on windows XP on IBM thinkpads.  I'm using
> an XP image put together by my windows guy here.  My red hat, debian,
> and solaris boxes all work fine, as does a win2k install on the laptop,
> and a dell desktop XP instance.
>
> I have tried openafs releases 1.2.9a and 1.2.10, with WAKE 2.5, and a
> kerberos binary distribution from the wake site, dated 9/02.
>
> I can "klog" to the umich.edu cell (which is using the old kaserver)
> and write to my afs space there using those tokens.

No, umich.edu uses MIT K5 server and fakeka.  No kaserver.

Do you by change have no_addresses = true in your krb5.ini file?
I've had problems with aklog on windows with that parameter set,
but I believe it failed while obtaining the token, not in the
way you describe

Just to test, have you gotten tokens via the AFS Client (klog)?

K.C.