[OpenAFS] pts: ticket contained unknown key version number so couldn't look up names

Chris McClimans openafs-info@mcclimans.net
Wed, 27 Aug 2003 09:31:12 -0500

Ok, I've backed out just trying to get my local cell stuff to work. ;)
There must be more to these key/knvo versions than I can tell from the
below commands.
Any idea what might be causing the key version number conflict in the
ptserver?

oak:~# klist -ketK ./cs.afs.keytab
Keytab name: FILE:./cs.afs.keytab
KVNO Timestamp         Principal
---- -----------------
    9 08/27/03 09:01:52 afs/cs.ttu.edu@CS.TTU.EDU (DES cbc mode with
CRC-32)  (0x13ea7979e0c82c51)

oak:~# asetkey list
kvno    9: key is: 13ea7979e0c82c51
All done.

oak:~# kinit mccliman/admin@CS.TTU.EDU
Password for mccliman/admin@CS.TTU.EDU:

oak:~# aklog -d
Authenticating to cell cs.ttu.edu (server oak.cs.ttu.edu).
We've deduced that we need to authenticate to realm CS.TTU.EDU.
Getting tickets: afs/cs.ttu.edu@CS.TTU.EDU
About to resolve name mccliman.admin to id in cell cs.ttu.edu.
Id 1
Set username to AFS ID 1
Setting tokens. AFS ID 1 /  @ CS.TTU.EDU

oak:~# pts mem system:administrators