[OpenAFS] Z:\ is not in the global hierarchy

Craig Huckabee huck@spawar.navy.mil
Fri, 05 Dec 2003 20:19:55 -0500

--=======238A2B0B=======

At 11:33 AM 12/5/2003 +0000, Ken Hornstein wrote:

 >>In short, it could be done, but don't in any way hold your breath on this
 >>one.  Writing an IFS AFS client for Windows would be challenging, and
 >>expensive.  I've looked at the IFS kit myself.  It costs around 900 bucks
 >>just to get started, and I'm sure there are heavy licensing issues.
 >
 >I think you're missing at least one zero :-/
 >
 >--Ken

Just for info's sake...

According to this:
http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/ddk/ifskit/ServerIFSKitOrderinfo.mspx

$899 + S&H (and any local taxes)

And also see:
http://www.acc.umu.se/~bosse/

For the free version - information obtained through public sources to
create "ntifs.h" and an example IFS.

And don't forget the Arla guys - they did some work using Cygwin (but I'd
bet the same work could have been done with MingW32).

--Craig

/ Craig Huckabee                | e-mail: huck@spawar.navy.mil  /
/ Code 715-CH                   | phone: (843) 218 5653         /
/ SPAWAR Systems Center         | close proximity: Hey You!     /
/ Charleston, SC                | ICBM: 32.78N, 79.93W          /