[OpenAFS] conflict betwwen openafs+kerberos+cvs

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
Tue, 09 Dec 2003 11:08:51 -0500

Derrick J Brashear <shadow@dementia.org> writes:

> On Tue, 9 Dec 2003, Derek Atkins wrote:
>
>> Did this work before you installed openafs (on Fedora 1)?
>
> if you uninstalled krbafs-utils and cvs needed it, well, that'll happen.
> you could reinstall it with --force --nodeps, and you'll get it's pagsh
> instead of ours. there are slight semantic differences, but you probably
> don't care.

Looking at the contents of krbafs-utils I can't see how it's presence
(or rather lack thereof) could cause this cvs failure.  There are
three programs in krbafs-utils:  afslog, kstring2key, and pagsh.
I can't imagine that cvs' kserver requires one of those three....

I suspect that fedora's cvs just isn't compiled with kserver support.

-derek