[OpenAFS] aklog/wake on Windows 2003 Terminal Server ?

Holger Brückner lists@net-labs.de
10 Dec 2003 17:57:38 +0100

Hello again,

with the help of christopher i digged through this a litte bit further:

Systems involved:

Window 2003 Terminal Server Standard
Rose-Hulmans Wake 2.5
Rose-Hulmans MIT Distribution (for this Wake version)
OpenAFS Client 1.3.5100

everything reinstall after putting terminal server in install mode with
the command
change user /install
afterwards
change user /execute
reboot

logon script:

copy /Y %SystemRoot%\afs*.ini "%USERPROFILE%\WINDOWS"
sleep 5
start c:\Programme\Wake\Wake.exe /ms2mit /background /aklog
pause

i still have the problem that servers don't show up in preference tab
under client configuration right after i log on. after restarting the
afs client servers show up and i'm able to get a token with wake or
aklog.exe

i can't map any drives though. im my krb5kdc log i'm getting request for
principals of the form:

Dec 10 17:22:24 management.net-labs.local krb5kdc[20737](info): AS_REQ
(2 etypes {3 1}) 10.0.0.13: CLIENT_NOT_FOUND:
amdsjoetvawkyyt@NET-LABS.LOCAL for krbtgt/NET-LABS.LOCAL@NET-LABS.LOCAL,
Client not found in Kerberos database
Dec 10 17:43:27 management.net-labs.local krb5kdc[20737](info): AS_REQ
(2 etypes {3 1}) 10.0.0.13: CLIENT_NOT_FOUND:
rppfmgnnkswlqgi@NET-LABS.LOCAL for krbtgt/NET-LABS.LOCAL@NET-LABS.LOCAL,
Client not found in Kerberos database

principal name changes after every logon.

questions:

what are these principals and how do i get rid of them ?
what can i to not have to restart the service when i logon ?

thanks for any help so far

Holger Brueckner
net-labs Systemhaus GmbH