[OpenAFS] Windows cache rehashed...

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Tue, 16 Dec 2003 11:06:24 -0500 (EST)

> >However:
> >10:20am:shadow@johnstown:palm:176> fs getca
> >AFS using 88446 of the cache's available 100000 1K byte blocks.
> >
> >I'm not using 1k blocks. That's just how it prints its messages.
> >

> hmm, need to add this to my bug list.

Arguably that's not a bug, the message no doubt stems from information
shown by e.g. "df" on older BSD unix platforms, where disk usage was
displayed in 1k blocks. (Some systems, MacOS X being one, display in 512b
blocks unless you give a switch). It claims "blocks" and AFS units of
caching are "chunks", so it's not even a namespace conflict.

But, between now and 1.4 is probably a good time to change, if we're going
to.