[OpenAFS] Krb5 integration with AFS

Ken Hornstein kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Wed, 31 Dec 2003 11:17:56 -0500

>from it.  Still less than ideal from a security perspective, but
>everything is other than native application support for Kerberos, and I'm
>not holding my breath to see that in all the major web browsers.  At least
>in some fashion that we can actually use without going pure Microsoft.

Actually ... this is getting better.  There is a plug-in available for
Apache that implements this GSS-SPNEGO mechanism used by Microsoft.  We've
had problems getting it working, since it was for Apache 1.3 and we're
using Apache 2.0.  Safari on Panther implements this as well (although
I have not personally verified this ... yet).  I have heard rumblings
that there is work to make a client-side plugin for Mozilla.  Okay,
that's not great coverage and it's still got a lot of rough edges, but at
least it's headed in the right direction.

--Ken