[OpenAFS] When Using Kerberos5 is klog necessary?

Ken Hornstein kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Wed, 31 Dec 2003 12:04:01 -0500

>> Cross-realmness would be nice. There's a lot of non-technical reasons
>> why we can't go there.
>
>You can still use kinit for both cells; you'll just have to qualify the
>principal that you're obtaining (which is annoying, I agree).

To be fair ... you still need to qualify the principal when you do klog,
don't you?  So in that sense, it's the same user interaction in this
scenario with klog versus kinit.  (Assuming you're got an enlightened
kinit that will run aklog or do the equivalant thing for you).

--Ken