[OpenAFS] Windoze NT Client can't obtain new token

Hamish Marson hamish@travellingkiwi.com
Mon, 03 Feb 2003 13:42:06 +0000

I have an existing AFS (IBM's AFS 1.2.4) cell that I'm trying to get my
(Shudder) windoze NT desktop to use. I've installed the AFS client on
the windoze box, and it can mount the afs root volume on z:, but when I
try to authenticate ta the PC and get a token, I get (Afetr a long pause)

The AFS client was unable to obtain tokens as <user> in cell <cellname>

Error: 56 (Authentication Server was unavailable).

Using tcpdump on the database server with kaserver running on it, I see
packets incoming to port 750... And nothing is listening on there...
Authentication works fine from all my Unix hosts... So I'm a wee bit
confused as to why windoze need to talk to my db server on port 750
while my Unix hosts don't...

Looking on the archives (No search avail?) I found one thread from last
month that looked similiar, but it was a firewall problem, and doesn't
look exactly like mine... Anyone got any ideas?

--

I don't suffer from Insanity... 	| Linux User #16396
	I enjoy every minute of it...	|

http://www.travellingkiwi.com/		|