[OpenAFS] AFS Speed

Nathan Ward nward@esphion.com
Thu, 13 Feb 2003 18:46:00 +1300

A piece of information that may be useful:

I have 2 PCs with gigabit ethernet between them, one is an AFS server,
one a client. both running OpenAFS.
Both systems are dual p3 1ghz's with 1gb ram.

When running bonnie++, the server sits at about 10000 contexts switches
per second, with about 10% userland and 30% system cpu loads.
Thants pretty bad.
On the client machine, it achieves about 45000 context switches per
second, with about 1% userland CPU and about 50% system cpu.
Thats made me cry.

Thoughts?