[OpenAFS] vos move timed out

Pär Aronsson par.aronsson@nohup.se
20 Feb 2003 10:01:48 +0100

Hi,

I'm trying to vos move some rather big volumes, but have run into
trouble.

The command start of fine and the volume seems to make it to the other
side. When I do a vos listvol on both locations the volume shows on
both, with the same volume ID and exactly the same size, but on the new
location it is off-line.
At the time the vos move is finished the VolserLog will say something
like the following on both servers:
Thu Feb 20 08:45:07 2003 trans 6573 on volume 536871705 has timed out

I've tried this with one 30GB volume and a 10GB volume. They currently
reside on the same server but I'm trying to move them to different
places.

Is it possible to somehow manually bring the volume off-line on the old
location, bring it on-line on the new location and be done with it?
Or is there some other trick that can come to use?
I'm also interested in knowing if this trouble has anything to do with
the 8GB limit.

Thanks in advance for any ideas
Pär Aronsson

Some info:
Old location:
Solaris 8 on sun4u, Transarc 3.6 (db server)

New location1:
Solaris 8 on sun4u, Transarc 3.6 (db server)

New location2:
Red Hat Linux 8, OpenAFS 1.2.8 (not db server)