[OpenAFS] Cannot start client on Windows 2000 SP2

Peter J. Nicol openafs@vrl.com.au
Sun, 5 Jan 2003 02:19:05 +0800

>  On Sun, 5 Jan 2003, Peter J. Nicol wrote:
>
>  > "The AFS Client Service could not be started successfully. You might not
>  > have authorization to perform this operations.", with error: 0x0000042a
>
>  Are you starting the AFS client as a member of the administrators group?
>  I assume if you're running over PPP you only want to start it after you
>  dial in.  Is the person you're logged in as an administrator?

yep, I have done all the 'obvious' things that I could find in FAQ's and such on
the net.  I logged on as administrator.

Ummmm ... this is on W2k 'Professional', not server ... could this be an issue?

Could it be a NetBIOS issue?  I could not find a setting to enable netbios over
PPP.