[OpenAFS] Cannot start client on Windows 2000 SP2

Peter J. Nicol openafs@vrl.com.au
Sun, 5 Jan 2003 18:44:33 +0800

>  > Error I am getting is:
>  >
>  > "The AFS Client Service could not be started successfully.
>  > You might not have authorization to perform this operations.", with error:
>  > 0x0000042a

>  I had this problem with OpenAFS 1.2.6 and 1.2.7 with some Windows 2000 SP2
>  computers. They are connected to the AFS server over a standard network.
>  The solution I used was to reinstall Windows 2000 SP2. It worked. I
>  suppose some funny software install had wrecked the machines.

Curiouser and curiouser ...

I am thinking that I have got it working now ... my machine just bluescreened
[still working on that, either the new CD-ROM burner, or the Firewire card, or
latest windows 'updates', I changed a lot of things all at once.  Machine used to
be stable], and upon restarting, cannot get OpenAFS client going (it was working
fine before).

This time, I disable the loopback adaptor and it works (did this as I could not
get any network connections).  In the Dialup connection, I have sharing on, and
opened up ports 750 and 7001 for UDP.  This may have something to do with it, or
it could just be usual doze stupidities.