[OpenAFS] AFS server processes hanging on SG servers

Dr A V Le Blanc Dr A V Le Blanc <LeBlanc@mcc.ac.uk>
Wed, 15 Jan 2003 16:45:39 +0000

On Tue, 14 Jan 2003 at 13:41:20 -0500, Derrick J Brashear <shadow@dementia.org>
wrote:
> To be clear, volserver hangs and vlserver doesn't? I would have expected
> the other, something ubik-related.

All I can say is that (1) I have no record of vlserver hanging, and
(2) I do have records of volserver hanging.  In times when I have
been away and others have rebooted, I don't know what hung, and
vlserver may have done so.  But, yes, the fact that volserver has
hung does suggest that the problem isn't specific to ubik.
On the other hand, if volserver has problems, why hasn't fileserver
hung?  It certainly gets the most stress.

     -- Owen
     LeBlanc@mcc.ac.uk