[OpenAFS] Extremely poor write performance.

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Thu, 16 Jan 2003 20:17:25 -0500 (EST)

On 17 Jan 2003, Jimmy Engelbrecht wrote:

> > Alternatively, might be worth providing a set of afsfsperf binaries on
> > the openafs or grand.central.org sites.
>
> Good idea, who fixes the binaries ?
>
> How about try to link them static and put them into a tarball ?
> We could use versionnumber of the arla-version we used to build it.
>
> >  Then it becomes much more
> > reasonable to tell someone to "go run afsfsperf".
>
> I know that saying "go run afsfsperf" is not reasonable at all.
>
> But i did succeded, since we are already discussing where we should put an
> binary. :-)

If the grand.central.org cell is a going concern, it's the right place.
Otherwise, you, Jimmy, have the ability to create openafs.org volumes,
yes?

/afs/openafs.org/software/afsfsperf would seem to be the right place.