[OpenAFS] Extremely poor write performance.

Jimmy Engelbrecht jimmy@e.kth.se
17 Jan 2003 02:04:06 +0100

"Neulinger, Nathan" <nneul@umr.edu> writes:

> I've built it, and got interesting numbers... How dependent on other
> parts of arla is that afsfsperf program

well, it uses at least rx and some other arlalib-stuff ...

> - it might be worth seeing if it
> can be broken out,

I dont think its worth it.
I dont have the time.

> as you have to go and also get kth-krb to get
> afsfsperf built.

That sucks. It should build with mit-krb .

> Alternatively, might be worth providing a set of afsfsperf binaries on
> the openafs or grand.central.org sites.

Good idea, who fixes the binaries ?

How about try to link them static and put them into a tarball ?
We could use versionnumber of the arla-version we used to build it.

>  Then it becomes much more
> reasonable to tell someone to "go run afsfsperf".

I know that saying "go run afsfsperf" is not reasonable at all.

But i did succeded, since we are already discussing where we should put an
binary. :-)

BTW, where are you numbers ? i could include them in my ugly www-page if
you give me all info mentioned there.

/Jimmy