[OpenAFS] Extremely poor write performance.

Love lha@stacken.kth.se
Mon, 20 Jan 2003 18:45:38 +0100

Rubino Geiß <kb44@rz.uni-karlsruhe.de> writes:

> Thanx, but it does not help tough. The error remains the same.

There is a arla-0.36pre11.tar.gz now, it will not assert (but if you fail
to have the a cell in ThisCell, you'll get the cell
"unknown-cell-missing-configuration".

> An strace shows me that afsperf is trying to read some kerberosIV/V stuff
> like "/etc/krb.extra" and "/etc/krb.realms"... Hmmm, is it really true, that
> afsperf works with openafs without arla and real kerberos installation on
> the client and / or server? Fyi: we are using kaserver.

Yes, it will work with kaserver when you have a krb4 ticket file.

Love