[OpenAFS] Windows client questions

Charles Clancy security@xauth.net
Wed, 22 Jan 2003 19:52:04 -0600 (CST)

On Wed, 22 Jan 2003, Ryan Underwood wrote:

> Interesting.  The aklog from the krb5 migration kit at
>
> http://www.rose-hulman.edu/TSC/software/wake/downloads/
>
> seems to crash whenever it is run under Win98.  Haven't had a chance to try
> it in NT yet.

I can verify that it does indeed work since I originally put together the
Win98 OpenAFS/krb5 package for Rose-Hulman (though wake was after my
time).

> The crash is a invalid page fault in AKLOG.EXE.  kinit works, and klist shows
> that a ticket has been received.  Is the client supposed to be running before
> aklog?

Yeah -- your client must be running.  The problem with the old client was
that it required you to type in a valid kaserver username and password
before you could start the client, which was bad for krb5 people.  There
should be a flag that allows you to start the client without first
authenticating.  Then aklog will work for you.

[ t charles clancy ]--[ tclancy@uiuc.edu ]--[ www.uiuc.edu/~tclancy ]
[ crypto ]---[ coordinated science lab ]---[ university of illinois ]