[OpenAFS] new KRB5 feature in 1.2.8

Patrick Boettcher empmp@gmx.de
Thu, 23 Jan 2003 08:10:18 +0100

Hello List,

I want to know someting about the native support.

After some weeks of sleeping and thinking I now understand mechnism of
getting the ticket and so on, I know it isn't fast but ....

How will the new support for krb5 ticket be implemented. I think that afs
will save the krb5 in his kernel token memory (that why the native krb5
support), is that right?
Or does afs work with the default krb5 ticket file cache (filled by kinit)
and if not why not?

If it is the first, "only" a new aklog is needed, which gets the ticket and
saves it in the afs cache, right? How is its status?

Patrick