[OpenAFS] multiple fileservers

Klaas Hagemann kerberos@northsailor.de
Tue, 28 Jan 2003 13:07:49 +0100

hi,

when you add a read-only replica of a volume, the cache manager will
first try to contact these read-only volume.

You can create seperate Mount-Points for the read-write and the
read-only volume, normally you mount the roo.cell volume read-write at
/afs/.cellname and the read-only under /afs/cellname.
Then you will always reach the read-write ones if you take the path
/afs/.cellname and the read-only ones when you take /afs/cellname if
there are any existent.

When the file server with the read-write replica crashes you cannot
write into the volume any more, because no read-write version of this
volume is existent.

I don't know whether there is any possibilty to change a read-only
volume into read-write.

I hope i could help you

Klaas