[OpenAFS] lost contact with volume location server

jarausch@igpm.rwth-aachen.de jarausch@igpm.rwth-aachen.de
Thu, 30 Jan 2003 12:29:45 +0100

On 29 Jan, Derek Atkins wrote:
> Most likely your CellServDB or ThisCell is incorrect -- not pointing
> to the correct db servers.  Either that or you have a firewall
> in place blocking the AFS ports.

Unfortunately the problem isn't solved yet.
The problem has changed though.

I had symlinks in /usr/etc/vice/{CellServDB,ThisCell}
which I have now replaced with real copies of /usr/afs/etc

Still afs can't mount /afs (code 22 as in Peter Schuller's
reply)
Version 1.2.17 was running, yet under a some older kernel.
Now I have 2.4.21-pre3

Is there anything known about incompatibilities with
recent kernels?

Many thanks,
Helmut.

--