[OpenAFS] lost contact with volume location server

Peter Schuller peter.schuller@infidyne.com
31 Jan 2003 20:36:19 +0100

--=-vv286Yl9hk0qWUQLFIJG

> > Is it possible for the server and the client to conflict somehow, when
> > run on the same machine?
>=20
> It should work.  Are you sure that both ThisCell and CellServDB are
> correct in BOTH /usr/vice/etc and /usr/afs/etc?

Yes, I believe so [except they're in /etc/openafs and
/etc/openafs/server as I'm using the Debian packages]:

prometheus:/etc/openafs# diff server/CellServDB  CellServDB=20
prometheus:/etc/openafs# diff server/ThisCell ThisCell     =20

Contents of CellServDB:

>prometheus.scode.org      # Prometheus AFS
212.112.190.130            #prometheus.scode.org
... other cells here (grand central CellServDB)

Contents of ThisCell:

prometheus.scode.org

I have looked at straces to verify that they client is not reading some
other configuration file.

--=20

PGP userID: 0xE9758B7D or 'Peter Schuller <peter.schuller@infidyne.com>'
Key retrival: Send an E-Mail to getpgpkey@scode.org