[OpenAFS] lost contact with volume location server

Peter Schuller peter.schuller@infidyne.com
01 Feb 2003 00:18:07 +0100

--=-+DpWSGcYqc7R0k/Sy6nx

> Hmm.  I dont know.  The only thing I can think of is that there is a
> problem when you're trying to contact yourself, like maybe the loopback
> interface isn't set up, or something...  I'm at a loss..
>=20
> "It works fine for me"... ;)

And I am happy to report that it finally works for me too - at least one
one of the machines.

Turns out there was some form of discrepancy regarding the root.afs
volume. It was not listed by "vos listvol", but "vos create" said it
could not create it because it already exists. I assume it was not in
the VLDB for whatever reason (haven't got a clue how this happened), but
it was there on the partition.

However, this is NOT the problem on the other server because root.afs is
definitely visible there. But I'll tackle that one some other time :)

Thanks a lot!

--=20

PGP userID: 0xE9758B7D or 'Peter Schuller <peter.schuller@infidyne.com>'
Key retrival: Send an E-Mail to getpgpkey@scode.org