[OpenAFS] covering bases: hangs and halts, rh7.3 w/2.4.20-18.7 kernel, OpenAFS 1.2.9

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Tue, 1 Jul 2003 16:53:40 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 1 Jul 2003, Lee Damon wrote:

> While the machine we put the serial console on hasn't crashed yet, the
> following
> did actually manage to get logged to our central server when another node went
> into lockup.

Chas Williams sent some stack reduction patches which are on the
CVS head now, but not really tested enough to be sure they're 1.2.10 material.
Nothing else should have changed stack usage wise, but there's no AFS
symbols in that stack trace, either.

> Jul  1 13:07:28 bird1 kernel: do_IRQ: stack overflow: 296

Do you know offhand if this has non-executable stack changes in it?

FWIW I've seen no problems on my machines running the same kernel, but the
load pattern of course is different.