[OpenAFS] unable to authenticate to openafs via aklog

Stefan Nobis stefan-ml@snobis.de
Mon, 07 Jul 2003 18:25:45 +0200

Derrick J Brashear <shadow@dementia.org> writes:

> On Mon, 7 Jul 2003, Stefan Nobis wrote:

>> Derek Atkins <warlord@MIT.EDU> writes:

>> > This is the key error... The translation database entry is broken.
>> > Fix it.

>> Uh. What is the translation database? And how can i fix it?

> krb524d's keytab file, presumably. if so, "extract a new keytab for
> krb524d"

Hmmm... i run krb524d on the same machine as my krb5kdc. All
documentation i found (and about krb524d it's not pretty much)
said, i don't have to extract a keytab for krb524d (for example:
http://www.faqs.org/faqs/kerberos-faq/general/section-52.html).

So i think there should be another error elsewhere or i
missunderstood some (most) of the docs.

Maybe this lines of the log file helps:

krb524d[14741]: No dictionary file specified, continuing without one.
krb524d[14741]: service entry `krb524' not found, using 4444

BTW: krb524init also said "Improper format of translation database
entry converting to V4 credentials".

--
Until the next mail...,
Stefan.