[OpenAFS] unable to authenticate to openafs via aklog

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Mon, 7 Jul 2003 12:31:29 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 7 Jul 2003, Stefan Nobis wrote:

> Hmmm... i run krb524d on the same machine as my krb5kdc. All
> documentation i found (and about krb524d it's not pretty much)
> said, i don't have to extract a keytab for krb524d (for example:
> http://www.faqs.org/faqs/kerberos-faq/general/section-52.html).

If configured for "serve from kdc database" that is true. I don't use MIT
krb5, so I'm not going to offer advice on how you might do that.

> Maybe this lines of the log file helps:
>
> krb524d[14741]: No dictionary file specified, continuing without one.
> krb524d[14741]: service entry `krb524' not found, using 4444

That's fine.

> BTW: krb524init also said "Improper format of translation database
> entry converting to V4 credentials".

So, perhaps krb524d isn't looking in the right place for the kdc database,
then, if you do have it set up not for keytabs.