[OpenAFS] afsd cannot install tokens on win2k

Christian Pfaffel flash@itp.tu-graz.ac.at
11 Jul 2003 12:25:42 +0200

Hello!

I have the following problem when running openafs-1.2.8a on win2k,
using wake 2.5 to obtain kerberos tickets and converting them to AFS
tokens.

When I start the workstation the AFS client runs smoothly. After some
time, the client crashes. I restart the client and it works again.  I
can get tickets and tokens using wake. But suddenly not even that does
help anymore.

Restarting afs works, the client runs, but when i try to convert a
ticket in a token, Wake gives the following error message:

        AFSTokenMaster: The AFS service (afsd) cannot be contacted to install tokens

Additionally i can not browse the mapped network drives, even those
where i have access as system:anyuser. They are shown as empty.

Browsing wake's sources i tracked that to the afs error code KTC_NOCM.
But here I am stuck. I know that it is the cache manager that causes
the problem.

Here is my question. How can I get the afsd back online without having
to restart the computer?

Best regards and thanks for your help,

Christian Pfaffel

--
Christian Pfaffel <flash@itp.tu-graz.ac.at>
Technische Universität Graz                 Telefon: +43 / 316 / 873 - 81 90