[OpenAFS] fs: Invalid argument; it is possible that /afs is not in AFS.

Jerome Walter walter+openafs@efrei.fr
Tue, 15 Jul 2003 11:07:10 +0200

On Fri, Jul 11, 2003 at 03:10:37PM +0200, Tino Schwarze wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 11, 2003 at 02:42:02PM +0200, Jerome Walter wrote:
>
> > I managed to correct teh errors i made, or i think so. Logs do not give me no
> > error anyway. For my XFS problem, i umounted the XFS partition and created a
> > file in ext2 using dd, and mounted it on /vicepa.
> >
> > Salvaging seems to have worked, as it tells that it worked and created files.
>
> I would not count on the state of your current installation - just rm-rf
> /vicepa/* and start over from creating root.afs.

That is what i did when i unmounted my XFS /vicepa to create another
"partition" in ext2fs.

> > But, after client lauching (/etc/init.d/openafs-client force-start on my
> > Debian), i am still not able to issue an 'fs' command. Each one end displaying
> > the following error :
> >
> > fs: Invalid argument; it is possible that /afs is not in AFS.
> >
> > Almost all parameters for fs gives me this error. Could someone help me with
> > this ? I am frightened my dead-line is coming soon ...
>
> Is your root.afs volume okay? What does "vos examine root.afs" say?

walter@cerbere:~$ vos examine root.afs
root.afs                          536870918 RW          2 K  On-line
    cerbere.es.efrei.fr /vicepa
    RWrite  536870918 ROnly          0 Backup          0
    MaxQuota       5000 K
    Creation    Fri Jul 11 09:32:33 2003
    Last Update Fri Jul 11 09:32:33 2003
    0 accesses in the past day (i.e., vnode references)

    RWrite: 536870918
    number of sites -> 1
       server cerbere.es.efrei.fr partition /vicepa RW Site

I think this come from the client, but i don't find from where. Someone told
something about AFS client being incompatible with AFS. Have i to create an
ext2 partition just to "mount" the AFS tree in AFS fs ?

I tried with Windows AFS client, but had another problem. Client seems to look
for a "DTC-AFS", assuming that "DTC" is the name of the client machine
running. I have then a problem configuring this with my AD+trusted MIT KDC.
Someone running something like this ?

TIA.

Jerome

--
-+--   Jérôme Walter - 	I2 EFREI		          ----+-
 Equipe Système - Efrei Robotique - Jap'Efrei - Erasmus Tutors