[OpenAFS] fs: Invalid argument; it is possible that /afs is not in AFS.

Tino Schwarze tino.schwarze@informatik.tu-chemnitz.de
Tue, 15 Jul 2003 11:42:10 +0200

On Tue, Jul 15, 2003 at 11:07:10AM +0200, Jerome Walter wrote:

> > > But, after client lauching (/etc/init.d/openafs-client force-start on my
> > > Debian), i am still not able to issue an 'fs' command. Each one end displaying
> > > the following error :
> > >
> > > fs: Invalid argument; it is possible that /afs is not in AFS.
> > >
> > > Almost all parameters for fs gives me this error. Could someone help me with
> > > this ? I am frightened my dead-line is coming soon ...
> >
> > Is your root.afs volume okay? What does "vos examine root.afs" say?
>
> walter@cerbere:~$ vos examine root.afs
> root.afs                          536870918 RW          2 K  On-line
>     cerbere.es.efrei.fr /vicepa
>     RWrite  536870918 ROnly          0 Backup          0
>     MaxQuota       5000 K
>     Creation    Fri Jul 11 09:32:33 2003
>     Last Update Fri Jul 11 09:32:33 2003
>     0 accesses in the past day (i.e., vnode references)
>
>     RWrite: 536870918
>     number of sites -> 1
>        server cerbere.es.efrei.fr partition /vicepa RW Site
>

> I think this come from the client, but i don't find from where. Someone told
> something about AFS client being incompatible with AFS. Have i to create an
> ext2 partition just to "mount" the AFS tree in AFS fs ?

You need an ext2 or ext3 for the AFS cache - it does not work with
reiser, for example. (Don't know about XFS though).

You might also find some useful information at the AFSLore Wiki:
http://grand.central.org/twiki/bin/view/AFSLore/WebHome

Bye, Tino.

--
             * LINUX - Where do you want to be tomorrow? *
                  http://www.tu-chemnitz.de/linux/tag/