[OpenAFS] fs: Invalid argument; it is possible that /afs is not in AFS.

Jerome Walter walter+openafs@efrei.fr
Tue, 15 Jul 2003 15:16:04 +0200

On Tue, Jul 15, 2003 at 11:42:10AM +0200, Tino Schwarze wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 15, 2003 at 11:07:10AM +0200, Jerome Walter wrote:
> > I think this come from the client, but i don't find from where. Someone told
> > something about AFS client being incompatible with AFS. Have i to create an
> > ext2 partition just to "mount" the AFS tree in AFS fs ?
>
> You need an ext2 or ext3 for the AFS cache - it does not work with
> reiser, for example. (Don't know about XFS though).

Thank you for you answers. Trying to fix it by creating an Ext3 partition for
cache, i misdone something and the machine rebooted. All worked Ok at bootup
without having changed anything except : afs.conf.client where AFSDB was
disabled and i enabled it ...

At bootup; df gave me this marvellous (yes, when you are looking for it for
days ;) )
AFS                    9000000         0   9000000   0% /afs

fs sa works, fs mkm too ;)

> You might also find some useful information at the AFSLore Wiki:
> http://grand.central.org/twiki/bin/view/AFSLore/WebHome

Saw it. Thank you.

I think i should need someone on a future step. Hope not ;)

Jerome

--
-+--   Jérôme Walter - 	I2 EFREI		          ----+-
 Equipe Système - Efrei Robotique - Jap'Efrei - Erasmus Tutors