[OpenAFS] Automated loopback adapter adding (on Windows)

Ben Creech bpcreech@eos.ncsu.edu
Wed, 16 Jul 2003 16:50:33 -0400

As previously mentioned on these lists, putting the Windows OpenAFS Client
on the Microsoft Loopback adapter may make it less error-prone.  Thanks to
Scott Williams' patch in 1.2.8+, the client will automatically bind to it
if it's installed.

However, installing the loopback adapter is somewhat troublesome to
automate.  I figured I'd make public the thing I just made for an AD domain
here:
<http://www4.ncsu.edu/~bpcreech/loopback/>

This isn't exactly tested in a production environment yet, so ymmv, etc.
It has worked so far on all the Win2k and XP boxes I've tested it on.
Don't know (or care) if it runs on anything less.

For more info, look here:
<http://grand.central.org/twiki/bin/view/AFSLore/WindowsLoopBackAdapter>