Re[2]: [OpenAFS] afs backup to file (max filesize ??)

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Fri, 18 Jul 2003 17:53:21 -0400 (EDT)

> > > My backups write to file, and regardless of what i put in tapeconfig,
> > > butc can't write more then 2GB.  I am running 2.4.20-8, ext3, afs 1.2.9
> > > for redhat 9, so I should be able to surpass this filesize limit.  Is
> > > this limit hardcoded in butc?
>
> Derrick Brashear responded:
> > You need the right flags at compile-time. I think we have a patch for
> > this but if so it would be "didn't make it into 1.2.9"

Well, I was wrong anyway, but I guess no one ever figured it out
(including me)

vos was patched:
http://www.openafs.org/cgi-bin/wdelta/largefile-dump-support-20020118

but the same changes don't appear to have happened to butc.

we're dangerously close to 1.2.10 but i guess if someone will promise to
try the changes in a timely manner i'll try to bang them out tonight or
tomorrow.

> Remember that using vos dump doesn't dump ACLs...

Um. What?