Re[2]: [OpenAFS] afs backup to file (max filesize ??)

Robin Yamaguchi rhy@physics.ucsb.edu
Fri, 18 Jul 2003 14:46:15 -0700 (PDT)

Ron,

I asked the same question a while ago on this list (actually, a lot of
people have asked this question).

> > My backups write to file, and regardless of what i put in tapeconfig,
> > butc can't write more then 2GB.  I am running 2.4.20-8, ext3, afs 1.2.9
> > for redhat 9, so I should be able to surpass this filesize limit.  Is
> > this limit hardcoded in butc?

Derrick Brashear responded:
> You need the right flags at compile-time. I think we have a patch for
> this but if so it would be "didn't make it into 1.2.9"

I never figured out the compile-time options, nor is the patch avialable as
far as I can tell.  I've learned that it's best to not harp developers on
for patches, so I'm waiting for 1.2.10...

Remember that using vos dump doesn't dump ACLs...

-Robin

Robin H. Yamaguchi
Physics Computing Services
UC Santa Barbara