[OpenAFS] New Windows AKLOG...

Douglas E. Engert deengert@anl.gov
Tue, 22 Jul 2003 13:27:15 -0500

Rodney M Dyer wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm working on radically cleaning up the AKLOG source that I have and
> making a clean-room Windows 2k/XP only implementation (probably an UNIX
> sin, but I'm doing it anyway).
>
> Positives of the new version are...
>
>         *  Written for Windows 2k/XP only.
>         *  The original code has been cleaned and optimized extensively.
>         *  Uses Microsoft's standard C libs.
>         *  Maintained for the latest versions of OpenAFS 1.2.9a and MIT Kerberos 5
> 1.3.
>         *  Written as a pure Win32 console app.
>         *  Retains all functionality in the original version.
>         *  Added option flag -stlgtk to obtain a user logon token.
>         *  Better logging.
>
> The code would compile clean (zero errors) if not for a few inconsitent and
> conflicting header file definitions between OpenAFS and MIT Krb5...
>
> http://www.coe.uncc.edu/~rmdyer/good_aklog_compile.txt
>
> However, there's a single function call for automatically obtaining the
> Kerberos realm name from the KDC that's failing to compile...
>
>         retval = krb5_get_host_realm(context, cellconfig->hostName[0], &hrealms);
>
> This function call needs the "k5-int.h" header.  When I include that single
> header the compiler blows chunks...

What do you mean the function call needs the header? Are you including the
k5-int.h in the aklog_main.c?

I still see the socklen_t not defined in k5-int.h
I thought you had that fixed with a newer MS SDK?

> http://www.coe.uncc.edu/~rmdyer/bad_aklog_compile.txt
>
> I "can" just ignore that function + header and remark them out, but I would
> prefer to keep that functionality if at all possible.  What has happened to
> the Kerberos 5 build headers?  They seem to be very inconsistent.
>
> Anybody know what the solution here might be?

Have you looked at the krb5.h and the -DKRB5_PRIVATE
Even if you get it to compile, the dll may not export the krb5_get_host_realm.