[OpenAFS] Manually Creating Cross Realm Users

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Thu, 24 Jul 2003 11:22:08 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 24 Jul 2003, Chris McClimans wrote:

> > pts createuser -name crossrealmuser@ttu.edu
>
> So since all my users are crossrealm it seem to be the case that I will
> be unable to specify the AFS UID in any manner other than it's lower
> limit. That is an odd constraint, but I almost understand the logic. I
> will be forced to use the dynamically generated AFS UID as my unix UID
> if I want things to match up well.

Realistically you can't specify the lower limit, either. It uses the first
available lower limit number.

> Is there  a migration path for a system where unix UID's are delegated
> from an authority other than AFS?

Not for foreign cell cases, unless you want to patch the ptserver. IIRC
CMU CS patches theirs.