[OpenAFS] some simple openafs questions

Faheem Mitha faheem@email.unc.edu
Fri, 25 Jul 2003 13:15:50 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 25 Jul 2003, Ken Hornstein wrote:

> >>Minor correction: starting with 1.3, a fakeka is included with MIT Kerberos.
> >
> >Minor, minor correction:  windows AFS clients can't use fakeka.
>
> Errr.... that was never said, Rodney.  Jeff said _kaserver_ clients; the
> Windows AFS clients aren't kaserver clients, they're krb4 clients.

Um. Does this mean a Heimdal server will work with Windows, but a MIT
server will not? I definitely want it to work with the Openafs client on
Windows, whatever that uses.

Incidentally, the versions of MIT and Heimdal in Debian testing (which is
what I am using) are 1.2.7-4 and 0.5.2-2 respectively. The versions in
unstable are 1.3-2 and 0.5.2-4.

Thanks to everyone for being so helpful. I've really been learning a lot.

                                                              Faheem.