[OpenAFS] Kerberos 5, AFS, and no krb524d

Douglas E. Engert deengert@anl.gov
Thu, 05 Jun 2003 14:32:09 -0500

If you Kerberos admins will not run the krb524d (and I don't know
why not) there are some other options:

 o An aklog that just used the k5 ticket would be good, but is there one
   yet? This would in efect be a klog, using k5, and the K5 realm must
   match the AFS cell. The AFS servers need to be 1.2.9

 o Run krb524d -k on a seperate machine, but the client need to know where
   it is, as well as the lib. We do this for the W2K KDC, The krb5.conf
   [realms] entry has a krb524d = <host> where the krb524d runs on UNIX.

 o Use gssklog, where the gssklogd deamons run on the AFS database servers.
   The clients run on Unix or Windows. The realm of the KDC does not have to
   match the AFS cell name, as the gssklogd does a mapping from the GSS
   client_name to the AFS uid name, and returns an AFS token.
   It needs the GSSAPI and on Windows I am using the MIT, but I am going
   to try and get it to work directly with the SSPI.

   See  ftp://achilles.ctd.anl.gov/pub/DEE/gssklog-0.6.tar