[OpenAFS] Kerberos 5, AFS, and no krb524d

Lukas Kubin kubin@opf.slu.cz
Sat, 7 Jun 2003 10:47:31 +0200 (CEST)

Thank you for the very useful source of information for me.
Did you also try to do the same on Windows 9x ?

lukas

On Fri, 6 Jun 2003, Rodney M Dyer wrote:

> At 10:15 PM 6/6/2003 +0200, Lukas Kubin wrote:
> >
> >I absolutely agree. Is there any reason why it still hasn't been done?
> >I don't have much to say, since I'm just starting with OpenAFS/K5 but I
> >know this is what I need. I've spent this week just by filling mailing
> >lists looking for a solution how to enable Windows to mount AFS server
> >using K5 tickets. Unsuccessfully.
> >I'm not too skilled to help in programming it. Can I help any other way?
>
> For some reason this question keeps coming up again, and again, and again...
>
> We've been successful at using "aklog" within our IT group for Windows
> XP.  It wasn't really that much of a pain...hind-sight actually.
>
> See...
>
> http://www.coe.uncc.edu/~rmdyer
>
> Once I got the hang of it, I can now download both OpenAFS and MIT
> Kerberos, and compile them with "aklog" all in one shot, within about an hour.
>
> The original "aklog.exe" from Ken H's site didn't work (it crashed good)
> because all of the Kerberos DLL entry points were screwed up since it was
> compiled with an older version of MIT Kerberos.  The best thing to do is
> just compile all "clean", then all the dll entry points should match up
> perfectly.
>
> Rodney
>
> Rodney M. Dyer
> Windows Systems Programmer
> Mosaic Computing Group
> William States Lee College of Engineering
> University of North Carolina at Charlotte
> Email rmdyer@uncc.edu
> Phone (704)687-3518
> Help Desk Line (704)687-3150
> FAX (704)687-2352
> Office  267 Smith Building

- --
Lukas Kubin

phone: +420596398285
email: kubin@opf.slu.cz

Information centre
The School of Business Administration in Karvina
Silesian University in Opava
Czech Republic
http://www.opf.slu.cz