[OpenAFS] Kerberos 5, AFS, and no krb524d

Rodney M Dyer rmdyer@uncc.edu
Fri, 06 Jun 2003 16:38:00 -0400

At 10:15 PM 6/6/2003 +0200, Lukas Kubin wrote:

>I absolutely agree. Is there any reason why it still hasn't been done?
>I don't have much to say, since I'm just starting with OpenAFS/K5 but I
>know this is what I need. I've spent this week just by filling mailing
>lists looking for a solution how to enable Windows to mount AFS server
>using K5 tickets. Unsuccessfully.
>I'm not too skilled to help in programming it. Can I help any other way?

For some reason this question keeps coming up again, and again, and again...

We've been successful at using "aklog" within our IT group for Windows
XP.  It wasn't really that much of a pain...hind-sight actually.

See...

http://www.coe.uncc.edu/~rmdyer

Once I got the hang of it, I can now download both OpenAFS and MIT
Kerberos, and compile them with "aklog" all in one shot, within about an hour.

The original "aklog.exe" from Ken H's site didn't work (it crashed good)
because all of the Kerberos DLL entry points were screwed up since it was
compiled with an older version of MIT Kerberos.  The best thing to do is
just compile all "clean", then all the dll entry points should match up
perfectly.

Rodney

Rodney M. Dyer
Windows Systems Programmer
Mosaic Computing Group
William States Lee College of Engineering
Email rmdyer@uncc.edu
Phone (704)687-3518
Help Desk Line (704)687-3150
FAX (704)687-2352