[OpenAFS] Kerberos 5, AFS, and no krb524d

Douglas E. Engert deengert@anl.gov
Fri, 06 Jun 2003 15:44:53 -0500

Derrick J Brashear wrote:

> On Fri, 6 Jun 2003, Lukas Kubin wrote:
>

> Right, I guess it's worse than that. We've had trouble keeping up enough
> developer resources to get a lot done on the Windows clients. Now we need
> Kerberos for Windows support added.
>
> > I'm not too skilled to help in programming it. Can I help any other way?
>
> In fact having someone to program it is going to be precisely the problem
> for Windows.

Well I am hoping to take a look at this with or without gssapi. We want to
have AFS to work seamlessly with W2K AD. I have been able to build the 1.2.x
on W2K, so have the environment.

It might be possible to split up the Kerberos code from the AFS code
into seperate modules, or DLLs, and thus keep the maintance down.